Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome!


Hello scholars and families!
Welcome to our very own blog where we will share our opinions and ideas. We will also have the chance to respond to each other's thinking by posting comments.
Here are the rules for our class blog:
1. We post thoughts and ideas that are appropriate and promote learning and thinking.
2. We support each other and challenge thinking in a peaceful way- no put downs.
3. We use internet safety: no full names or email addresses and please do not share this site with people that have not been invited.
4. We use this place as an extension of our Classroom Community so please share and respond with the language we use in our daily learning environment and re-read before you post.
5. Enjoy this learning opportunity!
Happy Blogging!
Peace,
Mrs. Weller Dutson

59 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion teachers are the foundation of our modern day society. Without teacher’s we would not be able to participate in basic learning activities. Although, teachers teach academic subject’s teachers also teach C.A.R.E.S (Co operation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy, and Self-Control)

    Stock Brokers and Doctor’s and other jobs get paid more but, are they the one’s giving YOU your knowledge? Teacher’s work non-stop just to provide education for you. I think for the better, teacher’s should get paid more for good. It’s harder for some teacher’s but not all teachers to take care of themselves but, they make it through like always! Speaking to doctor’s and therapist gives more money to the doctor and the therapist. All a therapist has to do is help with the problem, what I’ve had seen. Maybe there’s more to the job. Hey, what do I know?! They eventually get paid more than that. A teacher has a to plan, grade, do report cards, and has to go to sessions. COME ON! GIVE ME SOME EMPATHY!

    Most people say “Well, I think doctors should get paid more because they save people’s lives.” “But, how do they know how to save people’s lives?” I would say to myself, “Who taught them?” Not their mother, sister, friend/friends or thier Aunt. It was a teacher! Now, I don’t know a doctor’s salary but, maybe they might get paid 100 dollars an hour, I would think. For teacher’s it’s less.

    Reading, writing, math, science and social studies, and other academic subject’s teachers have to teach. Most of other parents taught their kids half of these subjects. With the other half it’s way more to teach than you think. For people who are self-taught good for you. But the one’s who provide education should get the highest payment in my decision. Have faith and sympathy and let teacher’s get paid more for once!
    P.S Comment for the better Share your thoughts...Critique



    By: Yatta Voyard

    April 27, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i can't belive were about to start a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your right teachers get way to less money and us kids have alot of fun in school. our teacher says she is happy the way things are now but i think teachers like mine should have a better salary. p.s. i have an idea on how to change peoples minds on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well i agree that teachers should get a higher salery and espcially priviate school teachers because they do NOT get as much money as public school teachers and i also agree because doctors and all of these workers that work in these big buildings get at least $100-$1,000 dollars a month and they do not teach themselves for their jobs TEACHERS do! Also they are not the ones giving you your knowleddge and they do not stay up 5 days a week unless no school to plan a lesson for their students so i agree with Yatta 100 percent(%) and also i don't know why it is fair for a public school teacher to get more money than a priviate school teacher Do you?


    P.S I REALLY LOVE THE ARTICAL YATTA WROTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you,Sectra and Christian for posting a comment on my blog. I do not know why its fear for public shcool teachers to get more money than private school teacher's. But I do know that there is a better chance of private scool teacher's to have better opportunities and a good time spending time with thier student's. Christian, I would like toknow your ideas that you have in mind. I know that thy will be great.

    Peace,
    Yatta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent blogging all of you, I completely agree! When I see how hard Mrs Weller Dutson works all the time, when she is here or during summer and off times, I am amazed at her dedication, energy, and devotion. It it totally unfair that public school teachers get more money for doing the same job. It is wonderful classes like grade 5 at Mission Grammar that make it all worthwhile for great teachers to work here no matter what the pay. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yatta, I think your article is very good because it has a lot of detail and you have a lot of facts. I totally agree with you. Your article was very true.

    Sincerly,
    Justyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think u are right

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everlee, Why do you think I am right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are right Yatta. Teachers should get more money. Teachers wake up every morning and go to school to teach childeren who need education. I don't know how much teachers get paid, but I think they should get five dollars extra. GREAT ARTICLE YATTA!!!! This article is very true and interesing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, for commenting on my article. I am glad that you agree with me. I can't wait till you post your own blog Raquel. I bet it will be great.

    Love,
    Yatta

    ReplyDelete
  15. yatta my ideas are that we could make a letter to the government so the can give to the president.Then we could write a letter to the president and ask him to raise the salary of teachers.Then we wait for his reply.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Yatta,
    I like your idea about teachers being paid more.It is very open-minded and well thought upon. I love your ideas! Keep up the good work.
    Truly,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. That might not work Chrostian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christian, that is a great idea! Do you think that you have any more ideas in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The reson i think that might not work is because he is so busy he dose not have time

    ReplyDelete
  20. it might you never know

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous I think you are right because teachers should get more money. The only thing I disagree with is that teachers should get more then five dollar extra.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHY SHOULD KIDS EAT CANDY?!
    We kids love candy. But why can"t we eat it at school. I want to know why? Some kids can only eat candy once a week. Some kids can only eat organic lolipops(but they are good).
    Candy may give you cavites and it may be unhealthly.But a little bit won't kill you.some candy is not that bad some candy can raise your blood sugar. I am not saying that schools should lift the ban but at least let us have organic lolipops.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree yatta keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why,did you disagree?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think kids should have cellphones.Incase like if they get lost or hurt.Don't you agree.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you very much Steven!

    ReplyDelete
  27. because he has so much work to do

    ReplyDelete
  28. i disagree because teachers should get more then five dollars

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like how you ask "Why" should kids not have candy at school. Well, I think when kids are outside for recess, they can eat candy because they are outside. Because recess is their free time to do what they can, BUT IT HAS TO BE APPROPIATE!
    I think it's a good article with a very good question. Why can't us kids bring candy to school? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ale agree with you because kids should eat candy in sckool ok it will give you cavites but a little won't hurt

    ReplyDelete
  31. Should kids wear uniforms or regular clothes?

    Some kids don't like wearing uniforms because it's uncomfurtable,not stylish,or they think they're to cool for it. Some kids enjoy uniforms. Because they make their school look neat and orginized,they feel neat, or they just like it.
    Some kids might disagree or agree. Here is one reason to disagree. What if you are a girl and your uniform is a dress. You still have to wear it on cold, rainy, and snowy days. No one wants that. They want to be warm, not cold. Besides, is they are warm they won't get sick and they'll be able to go to school.

    So what do you think? Should Kids Wear Uniforms?

    YES OR NO????!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ale you are right. But, I think that kids can have some candy in school occasionally. I think that most schools don't allow candy in school because it can mess up textbooks, workbooks, paper, and other supplies. Don't you agree? By the way, great article!

    ReplyDelete
  33. well i think all kids should be aboul to
    pick out what they want to wear

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think kids should bring cellphones to school
    in case of an emergency

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think teachers should get paid more because they deal with kids that misbehave.

    They should also give kids more feild trips so the kids can be enthusiastic about coming to school.If we go on fun feild trips, we will be happy going to school knowing that we might go on a feild trip. Feild trips as fun as the childrens museum, the science museum, or the aquarium. I would most deffinitly want to come to school. we have these things already but I want to see them al the time.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I agree kids should not wear uniforms.Kids should wear what they what to wear

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have great point on how kids should or not wear uniforms. I totally agree with the rainy cold winter days. I know how it feels to be cold in a dress. You have as great article!

    Peace,
    Yatta

    ReplyDelete
  38. No kids should be able to wear what ever they want because of weather and because of they way they want to look sometimes in schools it is all about the competion of what kids wear and it is not about that it is about their education and learning!

    Peace,
    Sectra

    ReplyDelete
  39. I agree with Kbrom because when your in school somebody could get hurt and if you get hurt you could call the ambulance.You can also have a stranger come into your school and he has fire arms you would need to call the police.When you are walking home from school and your parents areworried they cant call you unless you have a cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  41. in my opinion going green would be great for earth. Because global warming is making ice melt.

    An if the ice melt's, the ocean would become higer by 30% an a city like Boston in mass.flood with more water from the new england aquerim and thats about 200 pounds of waterin glass. An also all the anamils like shaks,jellyfish,an other big fish like that out into open water. so be green in the earth cleen

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think kids should wear whatever they what because they can feel comfortable in the clothes they wear on week days. Kids are use to jeans and shrits and stuff like that and it would be easy to just wake up and put on whatever you want. That would be cool and they could play and not have to cry that they were playing and fell ruining a dress or uniform. Girls would not have holes in there dress and their dresses would not fly up.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think kids should have more recess.Because kids should have alot of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think in my case that students shouldn't have cellphones because they have fell back on their grades and homework because of the constant use of texting.

    Also parents have really been worried about if their student is going to be held back or maybe sent to summer school. But the main phone that is apart of the situation is "sidekick".

    A Sidekick is a phone made for people who really text alot and are really busy in MY case. Alot of students have that phone and I think that if your not an A+ student you really should be focusing on your grades instead of the phone.

    The phone is like a drug it's very addictive. Even when projects or weekend homework is assigned they procrastinate (doing something at the last minute) and wait until the last minute. That is when they start to fall back on their grades and their behind in classes.

    The minimum cost per text is about15 cents each. So depending on how much your child text and when you get your bill in,2 months your spending 3,000 dollars. In this economy noone could afford to pay that much money.

    About half of the students in some of these schoos have failed MCAS because they procrastinated, didn't study, or maybe the use of cellphones.

    If your child isn't a A+ student I advise you not to get them a sidekick or any phone because they don't need any more distractions. And if they don't have one then don't think about buying one.

    Sicerely,Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cellphones should not be allowed in school because it makes our learning society distracting.

    Verizon,Boost Mobile,T-mobile,MetroPCS and More!Lots of parents think that giving their children cell phones is a good thing. They think that because they think that their children need to call them because of and emergeny or something happend to them or something happend in school. Well should they be allowed in school? No.

    Cellphones should not be allowed in school because it distracts kids in academic learning and learning activities. It also makes some kids have addicitive cellphones issues. There are two phones that are really apart of this whole issue that are called the "Sidekick LX" and the " Sidekick Slide". The both Sidekicks are really the same but, they are really addictive to most pre-teens and teens. They should Not be allowed because of 3 things. 1.it is very addictive 2.I can cause a very very bad brain damage to the brain and 3. It can become very dangerous beacause people can text and you might belive everything they say because kids are not that smart as grown ups.

    Kids should also not bring cellphones to school because in most schools there is a school phone were kids are able to call their parent or parents with.

    The cellphone is like acohol it can get very out of hand and you can also loose your self control and can make you very CRAZY!

    In some schools many kids have failed or have voided Terra Nova or Mcast, A very important test in a childs life that shows what the child has learned during the school year or semester.

    Lots of kids are A+ students because they focus on their school work and academic goals. I am not telling you not to have fun and not to have a social life and social goals but, Just to not get distracted by cellphones and other things that might get you off track.

    If you are a child just hear me out because this is my opion. If you think that you are not doing well in school or lacking try to stop using your cell phones for a few days and see how you do unless your parent or parents call you and it is an emergency.

    Also if you are a Parent/Guardian(S)and you think that your child or children are lacking in school or keep getting calls from teachers that your child continuing to text ALOT in school try taking it away and see how they do in school.


    Do you agree with me YES or NO? TRY REPLYING TO ME TELLING ME HOW YOU FEEL? SHOULD KIDS BE ABLE TO BRING CELL PHONES TO SCHOOL? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

    Peace and Love,
    Sectra!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think that all of you guys have excellent pieces that can be published one day that the the whole world can see! Please write More and more so you guys can grow up to be sucsessful! Keep up the good work!

    Yatta,Michaela,Sectra,Justyn,Student,and Ale did awsome pieces Everyone else try to get those pieces in so I can see them and tell other family members Rebecca and Brett about the great blog!

    Peace and Love,
    Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think that the blog is awsome and i agree with Yatta alot because she is right in all diffrent kinds of ways.Like they do NOT get as much money as publics school teachers. I love the work you guys did! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dear Students:
    This is Prof. Lionel Bascom, the speaker you graciously invited to speak to you several weeks ago. I write to say that I love this new blog and I am impressed at how well your class writes. Your ideas are important thoughts and really like the way you support your teachers and each other at that wonderful school. I will check in from time to time to see what issues you are writing about , and if I may, I will comment too. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  50. Kids should not have homework.Kids work when they come to school.But when they go home they should relax instead of doing homework.

    ReplyDelete
  51. the reason kids should bring cellphones to school is because what if there is an emergency we would call 911 or if the phone at the school is not working we could use our phones if anybody agrees with me please post back.

    peace emmanuel

    ReplyDelete
  52. kbroms right why do we have to get homework if were gonna do hardwork allday in school and we have to do the same thing at home, and how come some people cant even watch tv on school days just because its gonna take all the learning stuff out of you they could just read and then after im done reading you could then watch tv and sleep when you need to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear Emannuel, Don't you think they could always use their teacher's cell phones? Also why else do you think that kids should bring cell phones to school?

    Peace and Love,
    Sectra

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think everyone should be green beause if we are not green the world can end thats what it says on google. Some people do not recyle so are earth is going to down beacuse people are not recyling, or doing anything to help the earth but some people are recyling like me.

    Some people say recyling is hard but you do not have to recyle you can pick up trash from anywhere.

    You can also turn off the water or turn off the lights in your house or your tv.

    ReplyDelete